At Predictus, we are building a bank app allowing people to access loans in emerging markets. We already launched our product in Nigeria where people use it to get money to create and grow small businesses, pay bills, etc. This is a real opportunity for them as they are, for most of them, underbanked, meaning that traditional banks are not willing to lend them money. Our long term vision is to drive financial inclusion for the billions of underbanked people worldwide and provide them a product offering a full suit of financial services at the tip of a finger.
Under the hood, we use the financial data available on the client's smartphone to build a credit score and give him a loan offer. Once accepted, we directly send the money to his bank account.
We are looking for candidates willing to join us on this adventure to work on our algorithms, our backend, our android application and improve our overall product.
Our technical stack:
- Our customer product is an android application developed in Java
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend
- The credit decision algorithms runs on Python via the Flask framework
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS mysql database, S3, lambda, SES ...
- We have automated tests that run on Travis
Why should you join us?
- You will have a unique opportunity to apply your skills on a live product
- Your work will have a positive impact on our user’s daily life
- We are a growing team of 7 people in Paris, 10 in Lagos
- We are based in the startup incubator Agoranov in Paris
- You will travel to Nigeria and other emerging markets to meet with our customers